It goes a little something like this:
If you had asked me how happy I was with my life this time last year, I would have said it was near enough to being perfect. I had an amazing group of friends, a job I loved, University was finally going the way I wanted it to, and I had a happy relationship. Note happy, not perfect.
No relationship is ever perfect, but people like to pretend that their relationship is. And I for, one was guilty of that.
We got together at the end of Freshers Week in our first year of University. A risky strategy, and one that didn't end well. We lived together from the start, though not from choice, his room was 2 doors down from mine. Sometimes I wonder if had we not been forced to live together the relationship would have survived more than a month.
I wrote that 2 months after we had broken up, my heart 80% healed but I was still so angry. The story continues on to him cheating on me multiple times and me not breaking up with him because I had too much other stuff in my head to deal with.
I am one of those people who always appear to be 'strong.' I'm great in difficult situations and don't tend to panic. The problem with this is that I don't tell people when I'm struggling and boy did I struggle to come to terms with life those last 7 months of Uni.
I lost 3 people I loved dearly, and had been betrayed by the person I thought I would spend the rest of my life with, and I wasn't remotely strong, and I wasn't remotely acting like myself. Those who knew me best told me I needed to take time out and I just didn't listen, I threw myself in to work and as a result got really ill, I was probably both emotionally and physically exhausted.
I had hit rock bottom and didn't know what to do with myself, I felt like I had lost everything, but now looking back I had gained so much.
I AM strong. I AM capable and I will NEVER EVER let a man tell me I am worthless ever again.
I wrote that 2 months after we had broken up, my heart 80% healed but I was still so angry. The story continues on to him cheating on me multiple times and me not breaking up with him because I had too much other stuff in my head to deal with.
I am one of those people who always appear to be 'strong.' I'm great in difficult situations and don't tend to panic. The problem with this is that I don't tell people when I'm struggling and boy did I struggle to come to terms with life those last 7 months of Uni.
I lost 3 people I loved dearly, and had been betrayed by the person I thought I would spend the rest of my life with, and I wasn't remotely strong, and I wasn't remotely acting like myself. Those who knew me best told me I needed to take time out and I just didn't listen, I threw myself in to work and as a result got really ill, I was probably both emotionally and physically exhausted.
I had hit rock bottom and didn't know what to do with myself, I felt like I had lost everything, but now looking back I had gained so much.
I AM strong. I AM capable and I will NEVER EVER let a man tell me I am worthless ever again.
1 comment:
Without sounding too much like a judge on The X Factor: "You go, girl."
Post a Comment